Old 01-06-14, 05:11 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
I assumed they are greedy and cunning unless convinced otherwise.

At one place I rented for only a few months, I did get all my full deposit back. It was a larger building with an onsite manager, he did sign off that all was well upon my departure.
A month passed, no money back. I got the owner on the phone, they stated, "you were only there for a short time" Yes, I was and wanted a lease but was only offered month to month.
Then, "We never give back deposits" In this case I think you will, I have a signed acknowledgement from your building manager that the place had no problems...
I left a copy with him, do you wish to go to court on this? Three days later the full deposit arrived in the mail. When one is young and money is dear one has to be resourceful to keep things square.

My radar was up of course, my first apartment out of high school had the owner stating that I skipped a month's rent after I had been there for a year. I had copies of all my cancelled rent checks. I promptly sent off copies to her.
Other tenants had to pay up an extra month's rent as they did not have the documentation. It's an interesting world out there.

Last edited by repechage; 01-06-14 at 05:15 PM.