Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Zedmor
I think I owe you guys a followup about what's going on with me because you helped me a lot and I think I could help somebody who is reading this thread.

Exactly one week passed after my post, I did a lot of research and my beloved wife helped me a lot (MD, PhD in Medicine, researcher). I've read great amount of research and even part of student's textbook of physiology to understand further what's going on with those nutrients. To my surprise science is pretty much settled on what is healthy diet. It says pretty much that diet of any healthy human should be a ratio of P:F:C as is 1:1.2:4.6 and you should take the same amount of P and F but if you have to work heavily than other people but you should increase your carb intake to a ratio of 1:1.3:5.1 where your proteins should be about 50% from meat/fish and 30% fats from vegetable sources. But thing is your protein and fat intake should be pretty much constant no matter what. If your diet have to be calorie deficit you cut down carbs if you work a lot you add carbs. That easy.

What I tried to do before called Ketogenic diet (I picked it after reading about bulletproof coffee here http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-t...r-morning-too/ )but it turns out that indeed our body is unable to produce enough glucose that fast and brain is go in sleep mode if there's not enough glucose in blood.
That mechanism is normal and evolutionary proven - if there's not enough glucose then you should rest if you not hungry to produce some more and then hunt again.

Nowhere there's a conclusive proof that ketogenic diet is better than normal diet in healthy humans and I believe I fell a victim of another self-proclaimed expert.

As you can see I decreased fat intake to a normal amount of about 20% and eat a lot of cabs.

Couple of words about exact food.

At first I struggles with my choices - food been either too bad (cookies and so) and full of fat/empty carbs therefore not acceptable, or "too healthy"

I found out that is best thing for me in terms of eating better carbs and is frozen vegies. You can pick up corn, peas, green beans and carrots in bulk in freezer section and then put them in bowl add like a half of teaspoon of oil, some pepper and put in microwave for 5 mins - and you got tasty food that is ideal in nutrient ratio. you can mix peas and corn in any ratio that you desire to archive what you want. As protein source my choice is fish - it have great taste, there's enough variety and it's as easy to cook as vegies - just buy frozen, put on frying pan with foil (no need to add oil) and bake for 20 min at 400 - it's tasty, and healthy.

Results:

I feel energized and overall great. I did about 347 TSS of workouts (2 trainerroad rides for 35 miles and about 25 miles in running) and I felt good day after and I did 36 hours of my work (I have to say that my workload when I actually do my work is much harder than any other even full time job - I count only when I actually do my work not all time in the office so it's more like 55-60 hours of work normalized). And I am happy about quality of my work. Sometimes at the end of a day I was somewhat exhausted but not to a state where I couldn't work and work out next day. No more "lay in bed and do nothing" kind of feeling.
Yes!

And regarding the veggies ... frozen veggies are good, but fresh veggies are good too. Mix it up! Go to your local market and see what they've got. In addition to the ones you've mentioned, roast pumpkin, parsnips, and turnips are good. And don't forget about brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower.