Old 01-07-14, 04:44 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
fair point regarding the price points at the time of your purchase, but my observation is based on a current assessment in which the soma can be purchased for around 500.
i don't know how many of them this bikeshop has, but they have been selling them about once every two weeks for more than a year for around 500usd.
I'm pretty sure that's the same bike and it keeps getting relisted. They had a run of sizes last year,but I think that's the last one.

Not really fair to compare the Nano to the Soma. The Soma was a $1K+ bike when it came out;yes the price dropped when they didn't sell,but how may are left out there to buy? For less than the original price of the Soma you could get a Nano and upgrade it,and you'd have a wider selection of tires to choose from. The Soma takes 451's and maxes out at 32's without fenders,the Nano takes 406's and comes with 1.5"s with alot of leeway to go up and down.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X