View Single Post
Old 01-07-14, 05:48 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dynaryder
I'm pretty sure that's the same bike and it keeps getting relisted. They had a run of sizes last year,but I think that's the last one.

Not really fair to compare the Nano to the Soma. The Soma was a $1K+ bike when it came out;yes the price dropped when they didn't sell,but how may are left out there to buy? For less than the original price of the Soma you could get a Nano and upgrade it,and you'd have a wider selection of tires to choose from. The Soma takes 451's and maxes out at 32's without fenders,the Nano takes 406's and comes with 1.5"s with alot of leeway to go up and down.
well, firstly, you can see in "completed listings" that they have sold more than one recently. the completed listings view doesnt go back far enough to show others i've seen sell prior to what's shown.

i don't understand your points here.

1. why is it not fair to compare the two bikes?

2. how many need to be left available to make a recommendation to buy a soma instead a nano?

3. how is buying the nano and spending a lot of money and time upgrading it "for less than the original price" of the soma relevant when you can also buy the soma at.. half the original price? that would seem to argue in favor of the soma and not against it.

4. using the old "406 = wider range of tires" argument is tire-some. i like to call it the, "but, muh tahres!" argument. there are "ranges" of tires for every wheel size that i know of. there are plenty of tires to choose from for both 406 and 451. clearly, the soma is designed as a road bike and has the right wheels for that application.

i guess what you are really saying is that although most of the components from headset to derailleur are crap, since the nano has 406 wheels it's a better choice?