View Single Post
Old 01-08-14, 01:47 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3151 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 1,035 Posts
Originally Posted by OdieInAz
I bought my Nano knowing that I would be upgrading many components. To me that is the fun of it. I can create my own ride to my specs without starting with an expensive base. $300 is nothing for a decent frame set. I'm gonna mod this little bike until it's probably twice as much as I paid for it. Why you ask? Because it's fun. Period. I can buy a part here, and a part there, and over time it's pretty painless. But the fun is building this bike piece by piece. My neighbor and I are already talking about building a light, strong wheel set. He says he has a tricked out head set that would work too. (He just has to find it). And Chaadster, I don't mind the headset. It's very little effort to overhaul the head set once it needs it (I can't see it needing it too often as this set up worked fine back in the day). I enjoy tinkering so this give me one more thing to tinker with. I do plan on using this machine as a grocery getter, commuter, and light touring. Mostly though it will be ridden for fun. Multiple people have done double takes when they see me go by, and most people wave, which I think is cool. Smallwheeler, be cool man. I'm happy with my ride. Even though you might gasp in shock after learning how much time and money that I dump into this machine. I ride Harley's too and I'm constantly tinkering and spending money on them. But that is fun to me. That's what I work for. I love the idea of such a cheap bike that you can have fun modifying. Just my two cents.
+1