Old 01-08-14, 05:26 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
so, basically you are confirming that i was correct in my first assessment of your original reply to me. you would chose the nano over the soma based on wheel size. but, evidently, it's a moot point as neither soma nor nano bikes will fit you anyway.
No,no,no. Please work on your reading comprehension.

Originally Posted by dynaryder
Reread what I typed. First,as far as the 406 vs 451 thing;406's are more common than 451's. I can walk into several local shops and buy 406's,but I doubt anybody carries 451's. Next,I said the Soma is limited to 32mm tires,you can't go any wider due to the frame. The Nano has clearance for much wider tires,so you can run skinny performance tires or wide comfort ones. You can even run BMX knobbies if you want to play mini velo CX.
If I bought a Soma,I'd want to run at least some 1.35" Kojaks,or preferably my 1.6" Marathon Supremes on it. But even if I swapped the wheels I can't because there's no room. The Soma maxes out at 32mm and if you want fenders it goes down to 28mm. That's too skinny for me for a small-wheeled bike in DC. I'm not a fan of canti's or barcons either,but the tire limitations are a deal killer.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X