View Single Post
Old 01-09-14, 07:07 PM
Greg M

Bikes: 13 salsa vaya, 90 klein pinnacle 01 lemond poprad, 98 klein quantum race, 91 trek 1100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shhhhshh, dont tell my wife....

No, I didn't get a new bike or anything good like that. I got clipped on the way home this afternoon. Driver passing me got to close and hit me with rearview mirror and in my surprise I wavered and I bounced off the rest of the car as she passed. Imagine my continued surprise as she continued down the road. Well I chased her down at the next light and as I roll up next to her , she rolls down her window . I tell her she hit me and I cant believe she kept going. She says shes sorry, and she thought she hit a car. What?!!!!!
Still in shock about the whole thing I look over my bike, and my elbow that was struck by the mirror is okay. The light turns green and since I'm okay I ride off in disbelief, as I watch her drive off with her mirror still folded
back. Yeah I probably should have gotten her info just incase but I guess I was still in shock.
The road was 2 lanes either direction, with a center turning lane, 30 mph sp limit , shoulder with on street parking , strip malls and heavy traffic. My big mistake was not taking the lane, and giving the driver the ability to try and pass me too close. That will never, ever , happen again. For those in the know, this was on jamaica ave in queens village on the border with nassau county in n.y.