Old 01-09-14, 11:11 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
I note this both for the dream-world ideas about what college is, and also the complete lack of reading comprehension engaged in before lecturing OP about drinking and partying.

don't worry OP, some of us can read and support your decision to do whichever you have an actual passion for currently.
I'm pretty sure I am closer to my college years than you are.

Unless the OP is also partaking in the partying and drinking, how in the world are other students' partying and drinking affecting the OP? Unless things have really, really changed, the library is still a quiet place to study. And last I heard you still get out of college what you put in. If you goof off rather than study, then you get very little (except for the social aspect, perhaps). If you study, you get more; how much more depends a lot on your parents. It's a lot like bike racing in that way.

But hey, I'm just a guy on the interwebs. People are free to read or not read what I say. The OP was trolling a bike racing forum looking for opinions. I offer an opinion. I took my time in the university seriously and my ratio of fun to study was heavily biased towards the studying. The OP really needs to be having this conversation with his parents (his umbilical cord has obviously not been cut yet), not a bunch of random internet strangers who happen to ride bikes.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter