Old 01-11-14, 05:14 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by halfspeed
In July 2012 I had a crash that resulted in 13 stitches in my chin, a torn labrum and only minor scratches on my Hypermask. They're much more durable than the Sportmask.

That said, I picked up some Smith Pivlock V2 cheap on chainlove not too long ago. Very similar and also good quality.
Sorry to learn of your crash...something we all have to contend with at some point in this sport it seems.
I appreciate the heads up about the durability of your Hypermask. Kind of begs the question why the Hypermask came to be. My guess is the Hypermask was created to replace the Sportmask because the temple of the Sportmask was under designed and prone to failure and Rudy saw a lot of returns. The Hypermask for all intents is almost identical to the Sportmask but with different temple connection between lens and side arm(s).
Will say this. The Hypermask are very expensive sunglasses but likely the best thing on the market for cycling.

A quick question about the Smith Pivlock V2 which does look like a close cousin to the Sportmask having the same benefit of vision with a low head position. Is the nose piece adjustable as with the Sportmask/Hypermask or is the nose piece of the Smith simply a molded rubber piece without a metal core like Rudys and therefore can't be adjusted?

Thanks

Last edited by Campag4life; 01-11-14 at 05:38 AM.