Daddy
Newbe

Bikes: ActionBent T1 Tadpole trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling advocate, 10-wheels, involved a 1-person cycling accident

A full-time cyclist has taken a nasty spill while on a small group ride Saturday, January 11, 2014. Evidently, Bike Forums Moderator, 10-wheels, was following another rider at a customary distance when all of a sudden he fell into a ditch and hit his head on a solid object. Evidently, the helmet he was wearing 'cracked' (as it was described to me, so I'm assuming it impacted a 'solid object'). No one to my knowledge actually witnessed the fall and I haven't spoken with anyone who was riding with him (maybe only one other); perhaps more information will become available from fellow cyclists on this thread, so reasoning remains unclear. He is currently in the hospital after spending last night there and is complaining of an aching back. Although he does not remember anything about the accident, he repeats patterns of speech with his eyes closed. It's pretty safe to assume he has suffered a concussion although X-ray results are negative. He will be undergoing therapy to determine the extent of the injury but will likely remain in the hospital for several weeks.

I'm a high school classmate of his (Indiana) and can attest to his devotion to the world of cycling and for being one who doesn't discriminate between riders of different wheel-count (bikes/trikes), gender, cycling experience or social status to categorize his impartiality and his sharing of knowledge has helped bridge cycling differences far beyond the norm. For one, I hope for his full and speedy recovery.

With his over 24,000 posts on Bike Forums, I feel confident that the first thing he'll ask for ..............., is a computer! BLOW IT UP for him!

I will try to keep this thread current the best I can but would prefer it remain rather question free. Your hope for his recovery, WELCOMED. Thanks