Old 01-13-14, 09:23 AM
Thumpic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I don't have pics of my worn out cheap tools.

Several birthdays ago I received a harbor freight bicycle tool kit. The only tools that I still have from that set are a chain whip....a pedal wrench (barely).....and a a square drive for a crank puller. All the cone wrenches. Allen wrenches, screw drivers, etc have crapped out. Assuming it was 40 bucks or so; that same money would purchased the tools that remain (better brands though) and a complete set of quality cone wrenches.

Cone wrenches are specifically designed for bicycle wheels. They are used to disassemble, reassemble and adjust the wheel bearings. There is no substitute. They must be thin and very strong. A 40 year old bicycle wheel that's never been serviced can be brutal on cheap cone wrenches. Once you've crashed your knuckles into the spokes becAuse your bargain wrench slipped, you'll know I'm right.

givens........buy a Park chain tool.....buy bike quality cone wrenches........buy a quality cable cutter.....if you think you need to use a pair of vise grips or an adjustable wrench; you need to buy a tool of some type.....there is no substitute for a REAL spoke wrench.....

lets talk about WD-40 now...........