Old 01-13-14, 11:52 AM
Chitown_Mike
That guy from the Chi

Bikes: 88 Trek 800 - gone to new cheeks; '14 Trek 1.2 - aka The X1 Advanced; '13 Trek 3500 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I wanted to thank you all for this thread. I have wandered into the CL thread and just felt overwhelmed. I am by no means a collector, nor do I want to be, but there is an allure to older roadies and MTB that draws me in.

This thread has given me some great information and tips for what to look for when shopping.

I will say there are plenty of bikes and projects that I am kinda like "Meh..." to, not because I don't think something is not vintage or collectable enough, but because it doesn't appeal to me. After building an older drop-bar MTB I am now looking at making a skinny tire gravel grinder, and think I might have found a frame that will work. And look cool, but this thread will cause me to look in depth at it before buying it.

And the arguments, without flaming each other, I think add a tad bit when done diplomatically. It gives me a new perspective on what to spend my money on AND gives me something else to eyeball which only aides in helping me make a decision for a project bike.