View Single Post
Old 01-13-14, 03:31 PM
ARPRINCE

Bikes: 2021 Tern Verge X11 + Cannondale 2016 CAAD12 eTap + 2011 Synapse Alloy 5 Ultegra

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Steele
damn it, I was about to order the black one, but I don't want to wait weeks.

why are they taking so long? How hard can it be to manufacture a bell? yes yes yes demand is probably out weighing supply
BUMMER....I just got this on my email.

We would like to update you on your order status. Bell orders placed via Spurcycle.com were expected to ship late January, then February and March. The demand has been tremendous. Additionally, there have been some delays as we work carefully through first production. Bell parts have just started to arrive following weeks of manufacturing. Assembly will begin before the end of the month here at Spurcycle HQ. We have 6,000 Kickstarter backers to satisfy first and then shipments on Spurcycle.com orders will begin.

We would like to let everyone know that we will process orders as they were placed, but that you can expect some shipment later than originally estimated. You can see details of production in our most recent Kickstarter update. Please put March 21st, the first day of Spring, on your calendar as our new estimated ship date.

Of course, we understand this is a significant adjustment. We are happy to cancel your order if you’d rather not wait. Please note, however, that these bells represent a limited production run. It is not certain when they can be made widely available, and it is likely the price will increase given the cost to make them. A Pre-Order is the best way to guarantee you will get one—a product that has been coveted worldwide since being revealed on Kickstarter last year.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you.