RollCNY
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
That is the reason for example many pros who ride a 143 Toupe may prefer a 155 Romin...a Romin rides more narrow because in front view is more convex than the flatter side to side Toupe.
I absolutely agree, and am not saying that the metric should cross models. But within a model, when you place one year's 143 with the next year's 143, wouldn't you expect them to be similar? How is someone to know that this model upsizing increased? If you wear a size 34x34 pleated front Docker, do you expect to have to test fit the next year's size 34x34 pleated front Docker? If you went flat front, sure. It's a different model.

It is a small beef really, and I am not taking anything away from Specialized saddles. There is no number that measures 143 on a saddle per se. It is a saddle made for a 143 bottom. So if the replacement model needed to be made 148mm wide to fit the same 143 bottom, label it a 143. I don't care what the true width is. I care that it will fit just like last year's model with the same name, same size labelling.

EDIT: And when did words like travel and label lose the second lowercase "L" when you add "ing". I was taught labelling and travelling, and Mr. Spellcheck disagrees. He also seems to not like being called Mr. Spellcheck.