Old 01-15-14, 08:23 AM
lsberrios1 

Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollCNY
I absolutely agree, and am not saying that the metric should cross models. But within a model, when you place one year's 143 with the next year's 143, wouldn't you expect them to be similar? How is someone to know that this model upsizing increased? If you wear a size 34x34 pleated front Docker, do you expect to have to test fit the next year's size 34x34 pleated front Docker? If you went flat front, sure. It's a different model.

It is a small beef really, and I am not taking anything away from Specialized saddles. There is no number that measures 143 on a saddle per se. It is a saddle made for a 143 bottom. So if the replacement model needed to be made 148mm wide to fit the same 143 bottom, label it a 143. I don't care what the true width is. I care that it will fit just like last year's model with the same name, same size labelling.

EDIT: And when did words like travel and label lose the second lowercase "L" when you add "ing". I was taught labelling and travelling, and Mr. Spellcheck disagrees. He also seems to not like being called Mr. Spellcheck.
So you are saying that the 155mm saddle might not actually be 155mm? I have not measured so I don't know but I thought that is what it meant. I am a 155mm in Romin Evo and Toupe. I have not found another brand that makes a 155m saddle. Selle Italia has a system for measure that indicates their widest saddle at 143 (I think). So if I ride a 155 in Specialized, what would be the equivalent in say, Selle Italia or Fizi'k? I am running into this because I don't want to put a Specialized saddle on the new bike, but if it is the only choice then so be it...