Old 01-15-14, 05:24 PM
dhalbrook

Bikes: Calfee Tetra, Bontrager Race Lite, Bike Friday Tandem, etc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
Thanks. I thought I was the only BFer with one since I was the only one defending it on the other thread. They are pretty cool.

I would add one other issue: Make sure that small screw and nut is tightened before every ride. That's where I lost mine. When I get my new one from the kickstarter, I'm going to put a cable tie tight around it. That'll disable the ability to use it on another bike, something I want to do, but I won't lose it that way. Or maybe I'll glue the mount to the arm and not rely entirely on the bolt. I'll just make sure I use a glue that can be released. I just want something so I'm not relying on a single screw that shouldn't be tightened too much.
Funny, I haven't had that problem at all. Mine have been solid for the whole time, but yes, a lock washer (or loctite) would help a lot there, but there isn't really room for the former. I had a little rattling early on in one of the lights (loose in the case?) but that has since gone away. Otherwise they just work -- no thought necessary by the user -- which is the best of all possible types of safety devices.