Old 01-15-14, 05:55 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
hmm... also, here is a review of the p18.
Sounds like most of his issues were from the shop's initial setup. As for the Neos + disc,I could see how that could be an issue;really don't see why this bike would need that derailleur. I'd be really surprised that Dahon mismatched the levers and calipers,though. I think the issue was low-end brakes with long,stop-less cable runs. When I swapped the hydros for BB7's on my Pt Reyes,I had to go with a continuous cable for the rear brake. Took some futzing to set up correctly,but I've also got SpeedDial levers which helped alot. My Novato came with a continuous cable for it's rear,but with cheaper levers and calipers. Was a real PITA to set up,but I got it right.

Originally Posted by smallwheeler
is that your way of saying disc brake conversion kits are garbage? if so, i will defer to your extensive knowledge, but that suggestion on my part was a side-issue.
I wouldn't put any of those conversions on my bikes. Brakes are a critical component,they need to be done right.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X