Old 01-17-14, 12:29 PM
nanners1955

Bikes: Trek hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So glad I found this thread. I will be 59 in June and have been on every diet possible since I was 15. Never took gym class, always overweight or told I was. Have 3 kids but when expecting my son gained over 50 lbs and stayed over 200 since he was born in 1981. Around 2004 I got down to 199 doing WW then my leader got done and I couldnt find a new one and quit. I had also started riding but always have done between 10 and 15 mile stints. Have done some commuter also but its only 5 miles one way.
Fast forward to March 16 20013. My hubby and I took the 2 oldest grandchildren to a Celtics game that evening in Boston. We took the subway to Faneuil Hall and had to do some walking and stairs. I couldnt keep up and was gimping somewhat also.16 y/o grand daughter kept asking if I was ok and looking back at me worried. We went back to Boston Garden had a great time etc. On the ride home she said"Nana I am worried about you. I need you here for me when I have kids someday too" Still bring tears to my eyes as it did hers." So I found a great personal trainer named Vicki at Fitwise Personal Training in Manchester NH. She rides and does Bi and Triathalons. She listens and works around some old injuries and health issues. I do have HBP and mild COPD even though I quit smoking in my late 30's. So I started training with Vicki on 4/1/2013. When she weighed me that first timeat 269 on a 5'5" height I was flabbergasted in more ways than one. I have had a hard adjustment to trying to eat clean. I have lost 30 lbs and just as important 26.5 in overall. Feeling better! Hoping to get my HBP meds lowered my next physical. I did have issues thru the holidays and fell back on some old bad habits. Looking to increase my mileage on my bike and to be under 200 by 6/8 my 59th birthday. Sorry this got so long but so happy to find other in the same boat!