Old 01-17-14, 10:55 PM
jleiningj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chain alignment issues

Hello everyone -

I am new here (and yes, I have used the search function so try not to be too hard on me my first time!). I recently embarked on the (life altering) quest to build a road bike. I had ridden bikes a lot in the past, but this is the first time I have really gotten my hands dirty and done any DIY work instead of just taking it to the shop. There have been some hiccups along the way, but countless trips to my LBS, several online orders (seemingly a part at a time), many different bike forums, numerous youtube videos, and even a night in the hospital have me to where I am now: still having a few problems getting everything just right.

The problem I am most frustrated with is that the chain rubs on the inside of the larger chainring on the bottom 3 cassette cogs. Now I have looked into it, but my problem seems to be a bit different then what I tend to read. All my components came from the same 105 groupset - and while they were used, they seemed to work fine on the last bike. This makes me believe it is something I am doing wrong with the build, and while that is entirely possible, I feel like I've been pretty careful and done a solid job so far. I am running a 52/39T with a 12-27 cassette. Its a GXP BB. And the frame I am building up is a 2002 Fuji Team.

Now I have had a lot of fun building it and I enjoy working on the bike - so I would like to avoid having to take it in, but I was hoping for any sort of advice.

Anyway - I appreciate the help guys. And be careful while doing bike maintenance!

Best,
Jake