Old 01-18-14, 02:10 PM
nanners1955

Bikes: Trek hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrodgers
Oh boy do I know what you mean about the meat. I have both high blood pressure and pretty high cholesterol. I eat beef, in quantities that I don't think is a lot but it probably is.

A huge problem I have is... We raise beef in the family! My father-in-law raises beef. It is all grass fed and rotationally grazed of which you can read both that it is much better or not a whole lot different than corn fed. He does have a masters degree in agronomy and has been into farming (he's not a farmer in the sense that he has a farm, but has always grown his own food) and I do trust him when he says it is much better than store bought packed in and force fed corn beef.

I've got about 20 rib-eyes and 30 t-bones sitting in the freezer that I didn't pay a dime for. How the heck am I suppose to sit down and eat a plate of horrid rabbit food with that sitting in the freezer, LOL.
Well I would be eating some of that. I know those cuts are higher in fat but should be lower than the store. And grass fed is so good! Nothing wrong with cooking a piece up and using it with a pile of sauteed veggies. Just in smaller amounts. Or a roasted root veggie soup or a bunch of peppers, mushrooms and onions. I am eating 4 oz of proten, not always meat based, 5 times a day in small meals. Very little bread, no pasta. As much veggies and fruit as I feel I need. Lifting weights 3 times a week with some cardio after weights on days that I do both. Looking right now like it will be a 5 lb weight loss this week. I will see Monday. I only made it halfway thru the week last week as far as eating. This week I think I will make it the whole week. But I hurt my knee some only weights. Little cardio. Gonna try the trainer later