View Single Post
Old 01-18-14, 05:22 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by John Forester
The result of your chosen style of advocacy is that you support the American legal and social discrimination against cyclists who obey the rules of the road and you also support childish and incompetent cycling, regardless of your own personal beliefs and, I must presume, behavior. That's the result of your choice of allies. To carry on your beliefs, the least that you ought to be doing is to work just as hard to repeal the American legal discrimination against cyclists as drivers of vehicles and to counter the American social discrimination against those cyclists.
Originally Posted by John Forester
The only point you can make is that the general public believes the two assumptions that motordom has propagated for eighty years by fear-creating propaganda, so that employed traffic engineers obey their employers in carrying out motordom's program. That's not a very satisfactory situation.
John, again. Years ago we WON in Massachusetts. I can't take credit for it, it's a legacy we enjoy. We simply do *NOT* have legal discrimination against cyclists in Massachusetts. Neither Buzzman nor I are "allies" of motordom. Please, can you not understand this?

It's just another lane.

-mr. bill