Old 01-19-14, 10:43 PM
bro

Bikes: Bridgestone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 20 Posts
i got ebay, hahah. aint no co-ops. nothing super local. assenmachers shop is 12 miles away

if i can make the velomine wheel have a smaller o.l.d. by taking stuff off and re-spacing it, the axle will stick out far enough to hold the derailleur hanger. hoping i can get it centered right. and i dont want the chain to be too close to the frame. buh. i wanna do this without having to weld on a derailleur hanger. buh. i guess i wouldnt mind brazing a derailleur hanger on except i dont know how expensive that is and i dont want to ruin the paint.

do i need something like this? i heard if you dont the chain will fall off when you shift or something. ive seen 1x5s or 1xwhatevers that dont have these, like old tt bikes. is internally geared bub probably the best answer??

http://store.somafab.com/soig570rewh.html would this hub work with a friction shifter? can i cut down the super-long axle and do i need a different pulley for it? i think i'd much rather do a 5-speed block as i like that idea much more. this frame fits me perfectly, its awesome. yes, it would be worth it. i know its unnecessarily complicated.

Last edited by bro; 01-19-14 at 11:21 PM.