JTownCitycycle
CityCycle

Bikes: Brand new Cannondale Roadwarrior 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Before we go at this to cross purposes, we need an accurate description of the hub and problem.

Is the dust cover (shield) pressed onto the cone like Brad's or into the shell? Everything turns on that (no pun).

If it's part of the axle or cone, then simply tapping it in deeper is the answer. If it's pressed into the shell, you have to check the why the freewheel body is pressing on it, and why it jams.

As I said earlier, you're the only one here who has it in your hands, so the quality of the answer anybody gives depends on the accuracy and completeness of the description.

As for removing a ball, that won't change anything, unless you put in one too many when you rebuilt.
sorry for the confusion guys, you're always so nice and helpful here ! Here's some photos that I hope help. I think it's just a case of the freewheel pressing against this dust cap over the bearings. I noticed the hub and the wheel that I'm presently using on this bike although not an exact match has a dust cap that is noticeably set down into the shell then the one giving me problems. edited.. the bearings are loose, no retainer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jam3.jpg (64.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg
jam4.jpg (63.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by JTownCitycycle; 01-20-14 at 05:45 PM.