Old 01-22-03, 12:37 PM
stokell

Bikes: Custom built tourer, custom electric bike, beaters everywhere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hockey,
You are quite right. There is a problem in the far east end where the waterfront trail disappears for a number of kilos.

I biked the route from Pickering back to the city on new year's day. There is a street route that for the most part keeps you off arterial roads (we call them car-terial). We need to have a path which parallels Kingston Road and the lakefront. Start bothering your city counsellor.

On the bright side, once you get to Woodbine Avenue there is a commuter bike trail which takes you right downtown. It has recently been completed but it is not cleared of snow by the city.

As a suggestion, consider driving with your bike to Woodbine Park and riding the rest of the way in.

For recreational purposes the rest of the Waterfront Trail is great. I especially enjoy the stretch from West Toronto to Oakville, as well as the part that takes your from Niagara-on-the-Lake to Fort Erie.

Hope you do come down to the Bike Show. I'll be at the cycling committee booth on Friday from noon till around 5:00.

Allan

Last edited by stokell; 01-22-03 at 01:25 PM.