View Single Post
Old 10-03-05, 10:45 AM
sydney

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
A 58 would likely be considered small for your size. But some guys on this board would ride that size bike with a long stem. I am about your size and prefer a bigger bike. I love how comprehensive the Colnago sizing chart is...the best out there. Their bikes have medium sized steerer tubes and a relatively short top tube consistent with Italian bike heritage. I prefer the latter but not the steerer tube length. If you want a great frame for half the price, look at Bianchi. Roughly the same height to length ratio as Colnago with a bit longer steerer tube per frame size which will get the bars up a bit closer to the seat for long legged guys like you and me. If you want to race and can stand the paint jobs and price, buy a Colnago.
George
Well, that other blather aside, sydney has 2 Colnagos , doesn't race(whatever that has to do with anything, other than imply Bianchis might be for granny ladies and geezers) and prefers their stunning artisan paint jobs to Bianchi snot green thank you. Do you ever miss making a lame plug for Bianchi,whatever the topic...? Must be on the payroll...Eh?