View Single Post
Old 01-25-14, 01:20 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5772 Post(s)
Liked 2,564 Times in 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor?
I know, you're just willing to take things farther than I'm comfortable or able to without making some bigger changes. I've treated enough patients that fell outside in the ice and snow to want to avoid it myself - if the roads ever clear up before it warms up I'll be out riding again but my comfort/risk zone stops when it's too slippery out.

And that's another problem for me, I keep my bike inside at home and work and don't want to bring a wet snowy bike inside. I take my shoes off at the door so I don't mess up the carpets in this weather too.
One should never feel the need to apologize or explain why he doesn't ride a bike in cold, wet, or otherwise lousy weather.

You ride a bike to work by choice, and can not ride at any time for any reason, or for no reason at all.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.