View Single Post
Old 01-26-14, 07:55 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
I transitioned away from traditional road clothes over 20 years ago when I use to live in the Mojave Desert area of California to looser fitting jerseys because the tight fitting ones were just too hot because they wouldn't allow the air to get inside, once I switched to looser fitting jerseys I was much more comfortable. Heck I don't even buy bike specific jerseys anymore unless it's a wool one which I rarely buy, I just get cheap off the rack 100% polyester jerseys at Walmart, Target, or if I find a sale in some some clothing store, and never pay over $15, I never use the rear pocket anyway; and since their 100% polyester they wick and stink just as good as a $125 jersey because they're made of the same 100% polyester. Then I started to switch away from lycra shorts to MTB shorts because I found myself venturing further into remote areas and would need to stop into a store now and then and didn't like the look of the bulge in the short situation...I guess I've gotten more reserved as I've gotten older; but I will spend a lot more money on a short (then a jersey) because you need a good padding.