Old 01-27-14, 09:32 AM
BenVoiles

Bikes: Litespeed,Quintana Roo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Marion County TN

My earlier post kind of got derailed but the point I was trying to make was that cyclists as a group should put pressure on any agency that is clearly anti-cyclist. There are several very large cycling events taking place around here this summer and it is a perfect time to try to put pressure on Marion County to do the right thing. Marion County makes alot of money from cycling events so I think cyclist could exert some leverage. I'm going to try to not spend any money there until this is resolved. I live in Alabama but only a few miles from where the three states meet. I'm sure there are many fine people that live there but I've been told for years that the kids on the football team get away with everything. Just last week the former football coaches of Marion County High School were convicted of vandalizing their own stadium and trying to make it look like it was done by South Pittsburg. Chattanooga has worked very hard to try to become a cycling destination, I hope their efforts are not ruined by Marion County.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Opinion/Fr...lash_4130.html