View Single Post
Old 01-27-14, 01:55 PM
cisnal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek v. Cevelo

Ok guys please forgive me if I am asking a dumb question but I really need help. I got into biking about 2 years ago and have lost over 20 pounds doing it. I currently own an Trek X-Caliper and a Trek Hybrid. I have a trainer at hom with a diamond bike podium race bike. The other day I went to my local LBS to upgrade to an all carbon bike and saw the Trek Madone 4.5 listed for $2100 and a 2013 Cervelo S2 limit edition (black satin finish) for $2000 dollars. Both are in my price range and I want to stay there. I am riding the bike for 40 mile road trips and at times group rides. My question is if you feel Cervelo 2013 S2 model is depreciating? I heard Cervelo sold to a big company and things may change and the value can go down. I rode both bike for my frame set and love both. Oh I did not mention the Madone 4.5 is Ultegra and the Cervelo is 105. Not that this matters much. The Cerlo has a more Aero look. Any thoughts? I been unable to find anything online comparing the both. If they even do compare. I am I comparing a bmw to a mercedes or a bmw to a honda? Please let me know since I have no experience with this at all.. Thank you.