Old 01-27-14, 03:36 PM
EddNog

Bikes: Road/Race: 2012 Breezer Venturi; Trail: 2016 Scott Scale 720 Plus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elcruxio
Why anyone would not use sealant is beyond me. I mean the whole sealant thing is one of the best aspects of the road sealant.
The only reason being that the manufacturer of the wheels said so. Personally, I feel that it makes more sense to run with sealant, but I was looking to test a setup without, just to see how it rode/felt, before filling it with sealant and comparing. Now I can't.

Originally Posted by elcruxio
But on to the topic at hand.
Sealants are different. Some are better than others. I do not have first hand experience with cafe latex but I hear it sucks.
Had you used Stans or Joes you would most likely had much less bubbling but whatever.
The rim tire interface may bubble up some sealant. This is normal. Just pump some real pressure into the tires and spin them while they are on the bike. Rent a movie with the bike next to you and for the duration occasionally spin the wheels if they are not sealing. The pressure helps seal the fit. When properly sealed the tubeless system should hold good pressures for months. However test first always before a ride.
That's an idea; I will give that a try when I get a chance. I did initially pump the tires to 100psi each (Hutchinson specs maximum 105 psi for these big tires), and left them like that for 24 hours before reducing pressures to where I'd actually use them (at the moment, 55psi front/75psi rear, but chances are I will consider lowering the rear pressure even more. This is just to start).

-Ed