Old 01-28-14, 07:32 AM
turky lurkey

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR600, 1965 Schwinn Super Sport, 1973 Schwinn World Voyaguer, 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper, 1985 Specialized Rockhopper, 1988 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mcculver5
Picked up an old Giant Cadex today. Looks like a 1993 carbon frame with 105 components. $50.00 Got it home. It all works and no cracks. Just needs new tires/tubes and bar tape. Daddy just got a new commuter. I love Colorado. So many bike deals.
Was that in Colorado Springs? I'm pretty sure I saw the bike but I could be wrong. Yes there have been some ridiculous deals around here lately. I am trying to stop looking at C.L. because I keep getting sad that there are so many cheap bikes and I can't get any more. I would try and buy some of the cheap bikes to play with for awhile and then flip but there is no point in trying to flip bikes when people can get decent road bikes in ride-able condition for $100.00 or less and good mountain bikes in the ball park of $50.00. I recently was trying to sell a really nice fully refurbished Univega mtn. bike (all new consumables, fresh grease, shiny paint) for $70.00, never even got 1 call about it. Guess I'll just keep it, in fact I'll be needing it today. Got what looks like 3-4 inches of snow last night at my house and I have to make it to school 10 miles away. My truck is in the shop. I guess that makes the Univega my current favorite bike!

Last edited by turky lurkey; 01-28-14 at 10:06 AM.