Old 01-29-14, 09:47 AM
Giant Doofus

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBC353
Interesting thread and the OP has done a lot of really good research. All those test rides are the smart thing to do.

It's pretty easy to spec a commuter but much more difficult to define a commuter/recreation bike. What features of the commuter are you willing to forgo to make it suitable for your particular style of recreational riding?

Just based on the features I see that Breezer Uptown could make a great commuter. A longer front mud flap, a skirt guard and a B67s and it might be right. No weight was listed, anyone know how much it weighs?

A rolling side mount makes the extra step over height of a mixte a bit easier to handle. I love the looks of a nice mixte and am hoping I can find a good excuse to find a vintage one to fix up for my wife.
I believe the Breezer Uptown 8 step-through weighs 35 pounds. I'm not sure where I found that information, though. I was recently searching for a bike too and kept an electronic notebook with specs on different candidates. 35 is what I have listed for that bike.