3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26419 Post(s)
Liked 10,380 Times in 7,208 Posts
Originally Posted by IBobi
That would not be an ad we'd run. We don't download anything to your computer.

First things first: what indication do you have that it came from BF? I.e., what exactly happened?

I also suggest that it may be adware on your browser -- you may want to run a virus scan, and perhaps reinstall your browser.

If you still believe it's from BF, I will need to know what part of the forum you were on when it happened, and any other info (links, screenshots) you can provide.
I had only BF tabs open at the time, IIRC, but several of them, so I'm unable to tell you which forum was involved.

I'll be happy to forward you the file, which i still have in my trash bin. Feel free to open it at your leisure.
Generally, I'm just in here fooling around, so links and screenshots are a little much to expect, don't you think ?

What happened ? I opened up one of the several BF tabs I had called up and immediately got a file download.
It was labeled "advertisement". I checked in my downloads storage, and there it was, all nice and neat.

I'm fine with my browser, and Google Chrome has done this on no other occasion while in use.

I'm not all that unsophisticated about security online, and I have an active security program with which I scanned
this file...it showed no issues. I was just as surprised as you are, but I'm relatively certain about what I'm telling you.

It has not recurred. If you want the file sent, let me know to whom and if you want it sent to a particular address.
That ought to tell you about as much as anything in the way of screenshots, I would think.

Otherwise, I only bring it up because I think possibly one of your ads might be other than you suppose it is.