Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by elcruxio

As a side note.
I read a study about the carcinogenic properties of different foodstuffs. It was a bigger scale study which combined the results of several smaller studies. Even as almost every foodstuff had a carcinogenic pillar, most also had a noncarcinogenic pillar. It was this relation of these two pillars which determined the outcome how dangerous different foodstuffs were in terms of cancer. Milk for example was neutral, many veggies were non carcinogenic and unsurprisingly meat was carcinogenic to a relatively high extent. Sugar was very bad as was salt. But the biggest baddies by far (actually to a massive extent) was bacon.
May be that pork is highly carcinogenic as is salt and combining the two causes a nasty combination.
I think the reason why bacon is carcinogenic is because of how it's cooked. Frying any type of meat in oil at high temperature is going to create all kinds of nasty toxins in the meat. The healthiest way to cook meat is to boil it, or roast it or stir fry very lightly at low to medium temp. Even barbequing too much can produce carcinogenic substances in the meat...I still think that the best way to eat beef or beef liver is to eat it raw, but nowdays it's getting too dangerous to do that . I've done it long years ago but I wouldn't eat it raw now.