View Single Post
Old 02-05-14, 06:59 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Drove for the second day in a rain due to cold rain and fog with temps in the 30s F. When I got up, it looked like there would be a window in the showers, so I packed my bike up and get dressed in my cycling gear, but then the rain started coming down heavier and I bagged it. I spent a couple of hours cleaning my bikes on Sunday from all of the accumulated grime from riding in the rain over the past few months and didn't feel like undoing all of my hard work, and -- quite frankly -- I'm sick and tired of riding in cold drizzle. I was able to dodge the showers on Monday, but it was one of the toughest commutes I have ever had with brutal headwinds in the morning and afternoon. I was totally wiped out Monday night and I was snacking all night, presumably replacing all of the calories I burned. The weather is supposed to finally clear up on Thursday and Friday, so I should get in a decent week of commuting in total.