View Single Post
Old 02-10-14, 01:38 AM
Lesper4

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale CAAD9 5, 1995 Cannondale CAD F300 hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
for PU rides I have a strap on each ankle and a bright head light and helmet light (the helmet light is nice when you have to look down or to the side and you still have light) and also a bright tail light, just upgraded. I think it is constant with a blinker. Our bikes don't have any reflectors so this is probably good.

TdPS
I think the ride gets lot of new riders especially new to clip in pedals. I see people fall over ever year starting and finishing. And some people just aren't ready for the wind either. My top speed was a little slower compared to past years also I am 220 right now ?! so i roll down hill faster then you. There was one spot on the road, where we turned off Ave 60 to go North again and just before the run off the shoulder just disappeared. at least 5 riders behind me were in the dirt and I had some speed wobbles but we all stayed up. Not sure if we zoned out or the guys up front just didn't call it out. Glad you are alright Rick. Oh and I have ridden this many times and have still gotten lost but this year signage seemed fine. I actually like the route better because there were less turns but the streets were new to me and probably motorist too.

Last edited by Lesper4; 02-10-14 at 01:46 AM.