View Single Post
Old 02-11-14, 03:52 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by dmott
Haha it's ok, im sitting in my truck dreading the drive back to my office (yes drive not ride haha).

thats answers my question which I asked in my post which somehow didn't make it, do people not like it just cause "that's not how you do it?" Or just cause the bum bar/ DUI bar thing? Golden boy seems to be in the DUI bar category.

I do think some nice upright style bars like I've seen on old Raleigh sports would be nicer, but this is purely just to keep it cheap and end up with a more upright position, especially since I found the used 23.8mm crosstop lever (24mm?) for $5.

and I have to say again that I don't think a person would flip them up and around, requiring moving the levers and removing and retaping if they were "forced to ride a bike."
Maybe Golden Boy is speaking from experience. I like the bars that way. But then i'm a bit of a fred. Next thing you know you'll be taking care to line up the tire label with the valve. It's a slippery slope.