View Single Post
Old 02-11-14, 07:09 PM
ItsJustMe
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
1. The footage makes riding look more exciting - I don't want exciting in the event of an incident. I think it's the wide angle lens and the shaking of the camera - but passes look closer than they really were and speeds look faster. I think camera footage is likely to make me look more negligent (at least my contour).
Absolutely everyone I've seen talk about this, and my own experience, points to a wide angle lens making things look LESS dangerous. The wide angle lens makes it look like a close pass was actually not close.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. It seems like another thread where people are telling other people why what they do is dumb, or that anyone who does things differently than they do is wrong.

If a camera seems like a good idea to you, go ahead and do it. If not, don't. It being a good idea for one doesn't make it a good idea for someone else, nor does the opposite hold true.

I ride with a camera. It isn't a problem at all. It adds almost nothing to my weekly ritual time - maybe adds an extra 15 to 20 seconds a week to plug it in the charger every 2 days when I get to my desk. It's the only thing on my helmet and it weighs so little that I forget it's there and don't even remember to turn it off when I get home until I see the light flashing.

Last edited by ItsJustMe; 02-11-14 at 07:12 PM.