Old 02-14-14, 06:56 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,709 Times in 939 Posts
Originally Posted by Heatherbikes
I am looking at a Moser with aelle tubing and shimano 600, good condition, but over $700 plus shipping. in my quest to have better bikes in my life I am trying to find better quality bikes. Since I am small, I hardly ever see higher end bikes my size and can only imagine what SL is like. I have a reynolds 531 superset bike and it is nice... To me Columbus is exciting, surely all columbus is excellent right? In my searches some people consider it bottom of the barrel and cheap, while others find it perfectly fine. Is the bike too expensive? Would the ride quality be lacking with a tiny rider like myself?
I guess the only way to truly find out is to ride it and evaluate all the characteristics of the bike, and try to figure out how much of what you like is the tubing.

It could very well be that the sticker on the tube will make you enjoy the bike more. That's not a bad thing.

From what I'm aware, Columbus had their lower grades of tubing, which based on the little dove sticker, sold for more than any equivalent tubing.

I have a Columbus Tenax bike. I like it very much. But my favorite rider is a 531CS bike. I don't know how much of that is the tubing or the geometry or whatever. I like the stickers, but the ride is the most important.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.