View Single Post
Old 02-14-14, 11:10 AM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bici_mania
That too is an awesome photo. Those are golden moments.
Thanks bici_mania, those are golden moments and I've been blessed having had plenty of them with my little angel. I was just reflecting back the other day with a neighbor who was returning from a maiden voyage with his two little boys in a Burley pull trailer. My daughter went from a infant stoller to a running stroller, from there it was a Burley, next was a tiny bike with training wheels, on to a 20" Schwinn Pixie with and then without training wheels, during that time she and I tried out a Tag-A-Long so she could experience some speed (she loved it), soon after she was riding my Parkpre Team BMX bike, and finally now she is on her Barracuda.

Her whole life has been heavily bike influenced. I've gotten started on a 700c road bike with brifters and a 700c singlespeed, she wants to join my wife and I on our road rides and she is all about having her own singlespped "Like the big kids ride" around our neighborhood. Like I said, I know I'm blessed! My long time riding buddy is sideways about his son, the boy has no interest in bikes. I mean none, zip, totally zero interest in riding with his pop. It goes without saying but my friend is really bummed since that was something he'd planned on sharing together. There is a bright spot, last weekend my daughter was able to talk his son into going with us. She told him that he could ride the Parkpre... then she challenged him to a race... not wanting to get beat by a younger girl, he accepted and we had a good time. I'm optimistic that he'll want to ride again if there is a challenge involved. In the car on the way home my daughter told me that she let him win so he'd be happy but next time she plans on "spankin' his butt!" I'll have my camera ready for that one!!!