Old 02-17-14, 12:41 PM
overbyte

Bikes: 3 folders, 2 recumbents (1 is electric), 1 recumbent trike, 1 touring, 1 mountain, 1 road bike -- So many bicycles, so little time.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lalato
While I don't have experience with this dilemma, I do have extensive experience with Capitol Corridor trains. While there is an overarching policy to limit bags, this policy is rarely enforced on Capitol Corridor trains. No one will be counting the number of bags you bring on board. Each car has a number of bike racks. These bike racks also double as luggage storage areas. Additionally, there are overhead compartments for storage of carry on items. Additionally, the first car's lower level is mostly bike rack/luggage.

If you avoid rush hour commuting times for your trip you shouldn't have any issue taking as much stuff as you want on the train.
Thanks. When I rode Capitol Corridor from San Jose to Davis, the car's lower level had 2 toilets, an alcove for vertically hanging 3 bikes (or conductor could raise a shelf and make it entirely baggage storage), 2 baggage alcoves, a wheel-chair seating area, a couple of single-width seats, and some tables with chairs. I didn't look at the first car.