View Single Post
Old 02-17-14, 01:47 PM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Probably a combination of assumptions and stereotyping. After all this is the A&S forum.
It was not my intention to draw (i.e. "jump to") any conclusions. I made an observation based on personal experience, and posted here to incite comment. I fully realize that the observations I made about road side litter are a pretty weak basis for estimating the extent of the drunk driving problem. It did serve as a reminder that the problem exists. I guess what got me really thinking about this was a couple of high profile incidents here in Southern California. One of those was probably more a case of distraction involving law enforcement using digital media, the other allegedly involved some king of chemical impairment, not necessarily alcohol. I suspect distraction may have been a factor in the second case. I have never used meth, as the suspect was alleged to be under the influence of, but do not believe it causes the same type of motor impairment that alcohol does. I welcome comments by those who may have more knowledge of this.

My main motive was to solicit thoughtful responses, like those of FBinNY, and others.