View Single Post
Old 10-04-05, 11:21 PM
sacha white

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Judah
Don't get butt-hurt dude, see DW's response, it explains my statement pretty well. Some people want a beautiful bike with hand carved, chromed lugs, cool seatpost, etc. and some people want a hardcore racing machine. Not saying that the two are mutually exclusive, but for them to exist in the same frame takes a lot more money than most of us mortals are able to spend. You and Don sell to different markets, no? I mean, most of Don's customers are people who use their bikes primarily to race. Most of the Vanilla bikes I've seen out there are very very pretty, but not neccesarily racers...

Not trying to offend you, you're an artist man, and a great one at that. I'm just commenting on a trend I've noticed. I'd love to own one of your bikes, same way I'd love to own a VanGogh, but I can't justify the price.
Hi Judah,

I'm not sure what butt-hurt means.

some of my costomers buy bikes for racing and some don't. Some of my bikes are fancy and some are more straight forward. All of them are designed based on what the owners want them for, and are no fancier than what they are comfortable riding (this is very important to me). All of my bikes are built with sound construction whether for racing, touring, or picking up hotties. Any bling is really just gravy.

I am not offended, but I don't things are as cut and dry as Vanilla= pretty Walker = fast, so I thought I would say something.