View Single Post
Old 02-18-14, 09:37 PM
jjjj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After further thought. You have a very good trainer with the Cyclops fluid. Even though I own and am VERY happy with my Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roll, I am not sure I would recommend an upgrade from what you have. If your primary reason is to get the In Ride it may be justified. That being said you are going to spend approximately $700 on an In Ride and a Rock and Roll trainer. For that money I would seriously consider getting a Stages PowerMeter at $699. You could use that inside with your perfectly good Cyclops trainer.

This assumes you have a bike computer that can display power. Even said those can be had relatively cheap for about $200 on from merlin cycles. This also includes cadence and HRM. There may be other better GPS/computer options. I just did a quick search for the GPS I own. I think this would be a much better investment because you will have power anytime you ride (not just on the trainer). Also heart rate and cadence for about $200 more.

One last note. You could also buy the Kurt Kinetic turn table riser ($40). It may provide a better feel/confidence for when you want to stand up on the trainer. It is a cheap option to improve your current set up.

Nothing wrong with what you are looking at I just thought I would provide another option.

Last edited by jjjj; 02-18-14 at 09:53 PM.