View Single Post
Old 10-05-05, 04:13 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Sacha - I looked at your site for the first time a few weeks ago, and your bikes are GORGEOUS. To the point that I suddenly had a new #1 in the bikes I'd like to buy stakes. If I was racing, and I could afford it, I'd want one that looked like yours. If, however, I was heading for a major championship, and to have a bike that looked like yours and was fettled perfectly for racing was more than I could afford, but one which had less attention to gorgeousness, but was just as good, was within my budget, then I'd most likely go for the one I could afford, rather than have you make one with gas pipe tubing to bring the price down.

There's no reason not to have both, but it's true to say that if most racers really wanted the most gorgeous bike out there, they'd all be riding Vanillas. Evidently they don't all want your detailing so badly. I, however do, and should I ever become national champ of anything, I'd badly want to do it on a machine that looked like it had been built by God himself......