Bikes: Ridley Compact, Cannondale Flash2, Salsa Vaya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Winfried
Hello

I'm still looking for an Android application with the following features:
  • Can import GPX routes drawn on a PC for offline use (without a data connection), and also import POIs: When touring, I need both a route and know about local sights along the way
  • Can display current location while using an offline route, without simultaneously recording a trace while riding
  • Can record a trace and either upload it to a web site, or make it available as a GPX file in the phone
  • Displays a +/- button to zoom in/out with just the right thumb while holding the phone, so I don't have to stop, hold the phone with both hands and pinch the screen
  • No need for bells and whistles like challenges: I'm just riding my bike to commute and see the country side. No Lance Armstrong for me

Is there an application that has those features?

FWIW, I tried MapsWithMePro, Strava, and Endomondo.

Thank you.
I own/develop http://ridewithgps.com and we finally released an Android app this week. It's pretty solid, and I think you'll find it fits your bill pretty well, though a couple features are not be available yet. It has rock solid logging, with full bluetooth and bluetooth smart support. Navigation is available for basic/premium subscribers, as well as live logging. We will be adding in support for offline maps shortly, so you can download map tiles locally and still get maps without signal. Zoom in/out can be done with one hand via doubletap+slide, or via an onscreen button like normal google maps.

We are pretty responsive so any issues or suggestions will get handled quickly. Give it a try!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ridewithgps.mobile