Old 02-22-14, 01:44 PM
MEversbergII

Bikes: Current: Origami Crane 8, Trek 1200 Former: 2012 Schwinn Trailway

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Help me out, you're not in OZ so GPOC isn't Gov't Prices oversight commission, and you're not a gold prospector in CO, so is GPOC a geriatric project oversight committee or what?
It's short for "Government Point of Contact". He is basically THE government man ("civilian") in charge of directly managing the project I support. I know he'd been a cyclist and used to ride in, but he's perpetually busy so all I've heard were a few stories (including one where he and his peleton had to trudge home on road bikes during a surprise snow storm back in the 70's or 80's - snow up to the pedals).

To all: Yeah, these are US made Matrix rims, probably stock to the bike - which is a 91 Trek 1200. The alu framed, bright yellow one with the grey looking "static" effect...or however one can describe it.

I did all the usual tricks - inflating the tube, using a small tube, etc. but this was unusually hard. These Conti tyres are the brown walls but they're pretty worn so it's time to replace them. Hoping money evens out soon - it's been a pretty brutal winter - so I've got a few in mind. Yellow walls to match the frame sounds like a nice idea. Just need to get a yellow and black saddle to replace the brick-red and black scrounging special I've got on it now.

I hadn't thought about lubing the tyre or expanding it in the dryer. I suppose I can give that a shot at least next time.

M.