Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First, apologies for thread resurrection

Second, Contour is back in business. I love riding with my Roam 2
Third, I generally lurk and prefer to keep my thoughts to myself. However:
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
cyclists should have license plate readers so we know the background of the drivers that harass us. it would also be good to know if they have a license to carry for example ... I mean you don't want to mess with those dudes
As a cyclist with a concealed handgun permit (and who rides while carrying), I find this very offensive.
You don't draw a firearm simply because someone "messes" with you or angers you. There are very specific instances where it is to legal to draw a weapon--generally only when life (yours or others') is in immediate danger (and this is further hemmed in by various laws that vary a bit from state to state). You don't shoot to kill or wound. You shoot to stop an attack. Period. Draw and point the weapon when you don't have a legal right to fire? That's assault by pointing a gun, go directly to jail.

And as a reminder, when a driver intentionally tries to run someone over, it is assault with a deadly weapon, with intent to kill or inflict serious bodily harm. Don't believe me? Try running over a cop, and see what charges get applied if you survive the experience.

Maybe more cyclists who carry cameras and carry concealed would help keep the drivers honest?

Last edited by Claggart; 02-25-14 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling error corrections. Legal clarifications.