uluchay
Squeaky Bottom Bracket

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2 // 70's Olmo Gentleman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sprince
Did you buy warm clothes, or did you buy some kind of thermal, cycling-specific underwear?
The first, uhm maybe the second, or maybe both. Let me tell you what I did. I bought a winter team kit, consisting of a long sleeve jersey (pretty much useless) and a long bib (good stuff). I also have long sleeve base layer tops of different materials (merino wool, lycra, cotton)

And 10 celsius isn't all that cold, -10c isn't too cold to ride if you dress sensibly. Have you tried wearing something appropriate for cold weather like a wind proof shell and a layer of wool or fleece? The face is easy to take care of with a thick wool scarf.
10C is not that cold, I can even call it a nice day to run in t-shirt. Cycling is different though. When I reach speeds over 30kph the wind penetrates through whatever piece of garment I have, my skin, my muscles and bones and follows the same trajectory in reverse order to leave my body.

I also lack quality gloves and a face mask for the winter but once I felt that painful cold on my arms and core I lacked any interest of buying them. A wind proof jacket might help a lot, thanks for the idea.

You can see the alps from your window, and you are complaining? I have zero sympathy for you, hope you freeze to death. Anyway...
Even if it's non-existent, thank you for your sympathy. I will try that right away. But I prefer doing it on a snowboard instead (I don't know if you go all jelly about that either. Don't really care though.)