Old 02-26-14, 12:23 PM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
No offense intended, but I think your pro fit person has an interesting idea of a spot on aero position. Your position looks like it *might* be comfortable (perhaps your person is more from a triathlete perspective?), but to my (non-pro) eyes it does not look either bio-mechanically powerful (hips too far forward) or aerodynamically fast (head and shoulders very high). You might want a second opinion.

Here's me. It's not perfect, but just an example to check out.

youve got an impressively flat back- but to me- and just as you said, no offense intended. You appear to be very far back, with a very closed off hip angle.

TT position normally wants to be forward to open that hip angle and increase power output. It's why Triathelon bikes have very steep seat tubes (no 5cm set-back in Tri) it's why short "TT" saddles are all the rage- allowing people to get more forward and still comply to UCI set-back rules..

As as for the OP..
I watched the video again, and it appears he has a short torso- which will always yield a slightly weird looking aero position. As far as saddle position- his looks about like mine. Admittedly his front end looks high- but IIRC he is doing 40K TT's, and ability to breath and comfort may have been a factor..